A week ago last Friday I turned 35, which in medical-speak translates to "of advanced maternal age" (thanks a lot). On Tuesday we reached the week 35 mark and that same day, had 35 days remaining until our due date.
Sabrina has been keeping a very regular schedule ever since around week 20. I know, for example, not to expect any kicks or movement during my morning commute (5:30 - 6:30 am) because she's asleep at that time. She wakes up once that first sip of my Starbucks skim, no whip, with foam, venti hot chocolate reaches my tummy. Her most active time tends to be between 7:30 and 9:30 pm when we're upstairs watching TV in bed.
Today was a really exciting day for me. I was able to have lunch with my dear friend (and former boss) Cyndi whom I haven't seen in way-too-long. Following lunch, it was like stepping back in time when we visited my old office and got to see 5 members of my old team of recruiters and administrative assistants. It was great to catch up and I was super-spoiled with all kinds of cute baby clothes, onesies, towels, wash cloths, you name it!
Then it was a quick trip to Babies R Us to purchase some of the remaining items from our registry (plus I had a couple of coupons that were burning holes in my pocket).
After getting home, Gene and I were off for our regular Friday Date Night. There are precious few remaining at this point so we're enjoying them as much as we can. This week we visited an Italian and Portuguese restaurant about 10 minutes from home.
Days remaining before due date: 32
Sabrina has been keeping a very regular schedule ever since around week 20. I know, for example, not to expect any kicks or movement during my morning commute (5:30 - 6:30 am) because she's asleep at that time. She wakes up once that first sip of my Starbucks skim, no whip, with foam, venti hot chocolate reaches my tummy. Her most active time tends to be between 7:30 and 9:30 pm when we're upstairs watching TV in bed.
Today was a really exciting day for me. I was able to have lunch with my dear friend (and former boss) Cyndi whom I haven't seen in way-too-long. Following lunch, it was like stepping back in time when we visited my old office and got to see 5 members of my old team of recruiters and administrative assistants. It was great to catch up and I was super-spoiled with all kinds of cute baby clothes, onesies, towels, wash cloths, you name it!
Then it was a quick trip to Babies R Us to purchase some of the remaining items from our registry (plus I had a couple of coupons that were burning holes in my pocket).
After getting home, Gene and I were off for our regular Friday Date Night. There are precious few remaining at this point so we're enjoying them as much as we can. This week we visited an Italian and Portuguese restaurant about 10 minutes from home.
Days remaining before due date: 32

0 comments:
Post a Comment