What a blessing it is to be a mother! I am so grateful to have the opportunity to have a child, after struggling with infertility for 6 years. I relish it not only on Mother's Day, but every day.
Yesterday afternoon, once Sabrina woke up from her nap, I was holding her facing me and she threw up everything she had eaten that day. She had seemed just fine leading up to that. So we give her a bath (and I clean myself up, too). About an hour later, it happened again. A total of 6 times between 4 and 10 pm. Nothing was staying down, not even water or Pedialite. Finally we just gave her some generic Tylenol (since there was just a recall on the brand name stuff) and she feel asleep on my chest. She was exhausted, the poor thing. We set up the travel crib in our room for the night so I could keep an eye on her.
She slept well, thank goodness. We fed her very cautiously (small pieces, small meals, more frequent) and made sure she got plently of water and pedialite. I wasn't sure if we could leave the house for our planned Mother's Day brunch. We decided to go ahead with our plans and we went to a really nice Italian restaurant called Il Fornaio. The food was just excellent. Sabrina ate some of her main dish, but was more interested in the bread :) And once she saw us dipping our pieces in olive oil, she wanted to do so the same thing.
Mother's Day
Posted by
Joanna
at
Sunday, May 9, 2010
0 comments:
Post a Comment