Sabrina's been keeping busy these days, sometimes even too busy to take any naps while at daycare! Those days make for interesting evenings as she's often too tired/grumpy to eat dinner and it's too close to her bed time to squeeze in a nap, so we've sometimes put to her to bed at 5:30 pm (like we did tonight). I'm hoping she'll sleep until her usual wake-up time of 4:30 am. The teachers at day care tell me that she's "too excited to sleep", they even put her in her crib only to find her standing up and looking at what else is going on in the room. That's our Sabrina -- never one to miss out on something more interesting going on :)
We've been teaching her names for various body parts, in conjunction with the day care teachers doing the same thing. She responds appropriately when we ask her "Sabrina, where's your nose?" and knows where her head is. Once I asked her where her eyes were and she squeezed them shut/blinked twice. It was so funny. She'll also reach for my nose when I ask her "Where's Mama's nose?"
Part of our bed time routine also includes me reading her the book "I Love You, Good Night" while she lies on me. Truthfully, the first time I read it to her I got teary-eyed. Because it's so beautifully written. The whole book is a series of sentences like "I love you like I love blueberry pancakes", and I wanted Sabrina to know how much I love her. I hope she knows it on some level... All I know is that there is no greater motherly feeling than when she put her arms around my neck as I'm lifting her up and gives me a wet kiss on the cheek. I just love being her "Mama" :)
What's new in toddler-hood...
Posted by
Joanna
at
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
0 comments:
Post a Comment