Our little Sabrina's vocabulary is growing exponentially, much to our delight. I can see the glint in her eye with the satisfaction that comes from being able to communicate needs, desires and just plain old greetings like "Hi Daddy" and hearing a "Hi Sabrina" in return. By the way, those exchanges of "Hi" and "Bye-bye" can go on forever as long as you keep saying it back :) Up until about a week ago when I would tell her "Say 'Hi Daddy'", only the "Hi" part would be spoken, but not any more!
Another favorite of mine is when she exclaims "Oh no!" :) She also knows the word "Home" and its meaning, as well as "Bubbles" (we have a bottle of bubble solution on the window sill above the sink and she'll often point and request some).
Sabrina and I began playing a singing game where I'll start singing the beginning of the alphabet and stop to allow her to sing her favorite "E,F, G". We went back and forth like that for awhile and eventually she started with the A, B, C, D and I would take over the E, F, G portion. It was great!
Sometimes at dinner she'll say "Row, row, row", and I take that to mean a request so I'll start singing it to her, and right away she smiles with delight.
On weeknights when we're all home and I start cooking something for Sabrina's dinner, she and Gene are usually playing the family room. Gene sometimes offers her a few bunny-shaped crackers as her appetizer (!). The other day there were 2 of them left on the little plate and Gene told her to "take _one_". So what does Sabrina do? She takes one in each hand! Ha ha! She is too clever :)
Growing vocabulary and games
Posted by
Joanna
at
Saturday, December 19, 2009
0 comments:
Post a Comment