When I picked Sabrina up from daycare, the receptionist told me that Santa was there visiting and maybe I could bring Sabrina to see him. She also said that they birng the old kids there first because the younger ones can get scared. I laughed it off.
We hadn't made it to the mall to actually visit Santa last year and we hadn't done so this year either. I gathered Sabrina and her belongings and we went over to the room where Santa was. There were some 4 year olds there, each taking a turn on his lap. I was holding Sabrina as she looked on, studying very closely. I explained that this was Santa. and he visits on Christmas, etc.
One of the teachers then said she could have her turn. As I walk closer to Santa, Sabrina got closer and closer to my body. I sat her on his lap and she cried immediately. The kind of cry that means "I'm scared". Poor thing was terrified of that white beard/strange man/big red suit thing. I left her there for 3 seconds just to see if it would get any better and then I couldn't take it anymore and picked her up, saying "Sorry Santa...". He said "It's OK, it gets better with time". Maybe next year!
Santa terror
Posted by
Joanna
at
Friday, December 18, 2009
0 comments:
Post a Comment