Sabrina and I spent the day together, just us girls, out and about running errands and doing some Christmas shopping at a nearby mall. It felt just like it did when I was on maternity leave when she and I would hit the malls :)
When we got home this afternoon, we had some really nice bonding moments. She was on my lap and we were smiling and gazing at each other, and she was babbling happily. She smiled and I thought I saw something along her lower gum line. I pull her lip down a little and sure enough I can see the white of a tooth about to poke through!! My baby's about to get her first tooth! I can only imagine the pain/discomfort of a sharp tooth piercing her tender gums. I'm going to put one of the teethers into the refrigerator for her to suck/chew on to help soothe the area when she needs it.
While we were out running errands we stopped by Babies R Us and I decided to buy some level 3 "Six month +" nipples for her bottles. Now that we are thickening her formula and she's getting closer to the 6 month mark, I figured why not. When we got home, I washed and sterilized them and decided to try using them. I remember going from the newborn flow nipples to the 3-month ones back in September and the first time Sabrina drank from the 3-month ones she reacted with surprise that the formula flowed much more easily. Tonight I gave her a bottle with a 6-month nipple and she didn't miss a beat! I guess we have officially transitioned then :)
First tooth already?!!!
Posted by
Joanna
at
Saturday, December 6, 2008
0 comments:
Post a Comment