Sabrina and I had big plans this weekend and we executed them! Yesterday we left home around 10:00 am, headed to the post office, then to a local mall to meet up with my dear friend Sharon, whom I've know since college, and her 10-week old daughter, Abby. It was Abby's first trip to a mall (first of many to come). Sharon and I pushed our strollers all over and popped into the baby stores we came across. I couldn't resist buying a cute outfit for Sabrina's use this summer; hopefully it will fit when the time comes, I bought a 12-month size.
We had a really nice time comparing our experiences as first-time mommies. We popped into one of my favorite restaurants, The Cheesecake Factory, for lunch. Of course I could not resist getting a slice of cheesecake.
After Sharon left to take Abby home for her next feeding, Sabrina and I went to Lord and Taylor. I really need some more work clothes and it was one of those days where I lucked out! I found 2 pairs of pants and 2 tops in my size and all on sale! Woo hoo!
We left the mall and headed to Babies R Us. I had a 10% off car seat coupon in-hand from one of the ladies on a mommy message board I frequent. I had posted to ask if anyone had baby seat coupon and a few days later, there it was in our mail box, along with a 15% off any item coupon. I knew I wanted a Britax brand, Boulevard CS model convertible car seat. I had researched prices on-line and other than the used models on e-Bay (no thank you), they were all $329. I was pleased as punch to be able to save some money with my coupons. So we get there and I see they have only 1 type in stock (there are 4 fabric pattern available and I was hoping for the girly pink one); they had a beige/black herringbone looking pattern. BUT it was on sale -- $40 off. Ok, I can live without the pink fabric :) So in the end, after the 2 coupons and the sale, I saved $110, or 30% and I was happy. While I was there I also bought a safety gate and 2 more bottle brushes.
Great shopping day, just the girls!
Posted by
Joanna
at
Sunday, March 15, 2009
0 comments:
Post a Comment