I experienced a really touching moment with Sabrina last night. As we do every night, for her bedtime routine, I get her changed into her sleep-sack (a wearable blanket), put on a fresh long-sleeved onesie, change her diaper, turn on the fan and white noise machine in the nursery then bring her into the master bedroom. There I prop her up on some pillows so that her legs lie across mine and feed her her final bottle while I watch NBC Nightly News. This has been our routine since she was about 5 or 6 weeks old.
Once she's done drinking her bottle, if she doesn't fall asleep when drinking that last ounce, she'll usually suck/chew on her little toothbrush or a stuffed toy that I keep handy. Yesterday it was "Bonnie Bunnie" that was in her grasp and she was sucking on one of the ears. I was observing her when she reached out, Bonnie Bunnie in hand, eyes looking into mine, and offered it to me, as if to say "Mommy, want some?". I almost started crying it was so tender and sweet a gesture. I pretended to suck on the ear (yumm, yumm) and said "Thank you Sweetie Pie!" and offered it back to her. About a minute later, she offered it to me again. Awwwwww. I anticipate she will not have issues sharing her toys with others :)
This morning she did the same thing to Gene when he walked in the room to kiss her goodbye before heading off to work. She offered him a stuffed mouse (no name yet) that she had been sucking.
"Mommy, want some?"
Posted by
Joanna
at
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
0 comments:
Post a Comment