On Friday Sabrina had her 9-month check-up. Here are her current stats:
Weight: 21 pounds even (80th percentile)
Height: 29.25 inches long (93rd percentile)
Head circumference: 45.5 cm (88th percentile)
The doctor said we should try transitioning her to regular formula from the hypoallergenic kind she's been on since she was 3 weeks old. She explained that we need to see if she does OK on that because in 3 months she'll be transitioning to milk. She also suggested we start giving her formula in a sippy cup. She's mastered the use of a sippy cup and we've been using it strictly for water. So I bought a different kind so that she can know that this kind contains formula/milk.
I told the pediatrician that every time I've tried feeding Sabrina any baby food with meat in it, she refuses. She suggested that we try giving her chicken or ground beef that we cook as it is often softer than the manufactured stuff. She also suggested we try baby yogurt and maybe even small pieces of grilled cheese sandwiches.
Yesterday we went out to a pancake breakfast and for the first time we ordered something off the kid's menu for Sabrina! We got her 5 "dollar" pancakes. I teared off little pieces and fed it to her. She seemed to really like it! :)
9 month check-up and ordering off the kid's menu
Posted by
Joanna
at
Sunday, April 26, 2009
0 comments:
Post a Comment