Sabrina seems to love bread, particularly "flat bread" (similar to a flour tortilla, but whole wheat) that Daddy usually eats along with his meal. I'm not that partial to it, myself. But at least once per night at the dinner table, Sabrina will ask Gene for some, and at some point will say "Mommy wants some too" at which point Gene will give her an extra piece which is handed over to me. Well, the other night Gene tore off a larger-than-average piece. Sabrina looked at it, looked at "her" piece, decided that the one for Mommy was bigger than hers and promptly handed me the smaller piece, saying "Here you go Mommy!".
And the other day I asked her to sing something (I forget what) and she said "I can't, I have a boo-boo on my finger". And yesterday when I asked her if she could clap, she answered "I can't, my hands are dirty".
And her last set of molars are emerging. I've been feeling her gums every now and again and I think I'm been saying they are coming for the last 9 months, but now it's really true. The ones on her lower jaw have already broken the surface and I can see 1/2 of the tops of them. These seem to be causing less discomfort than all the other ones did, thank goodness...
And thank goodness for Google. Earlier this week Sabrina was singing a song we'd never heard before. Something about "Fruit salad, yummy yummy, fruit salad, yummy yummy..." and those were the lyrics she kept repeating. I'm thinking there has to be more to a song than just that. So I googled the lyrics, come to find out, it's an actual song by "The Wiggles". They must have played it at daycare.
Next week I'm heading to NYC for a business trip and taking Sabrina with me. While I'm working, she will be spending time with her grandmother. It should be fun!
More of the things you say and do
Posted by
Joanna
at
Friday, August 20, 2010
0 comments:
Post a Comment