Since my mom lives in Long Island and I had an opportunity to travel to New York City on business, I saw a great opportunity! So I took Sabrina with me and from Wednesday 8/25 until Sunday 8/29 we stayed in the city, and my mom came to stay with us in the hotel. While I took care of business, "Baba" took care of Sabrina. The rest of time, we spent together, the three of us, exploring the city, foraging for food that didn't cost an arm and a leg, etc.
One of the highlights of the trip was an appointment I made for Sabrina to go to a salon that specializes in curly hair. I came across this place when searching the net for products that could help get those curls under control. And for a mere $150 (ouch), Sabrina got a trim (her second hair cut ever), then some styling and sat under the hair dryer for a bit. She wasn't too keen on it at first, and cried a lot, probably because a stranger was doing something to her :) Here's a photo once she was all done:
Sabrina is always up for an adventure and that's exactly what she got! My mom even bought a super-light umbrella stroller so she could carry both Sabrina and the stroller when needed. Together they explored Central Park, went to visit one of my mom's friends in the West 100's, and other fun activities. They are very attached, and I know it was hard for them to say goodbye when it came time for Baba to leave.
P.S. - Whenever I go to NYC, there are places I simply must go. And this time was no exception. Here for the first time I am publicly sharing my list of must-go places for NYC, for you, my blog followers:
1. LeVain Bakery - the absolute best cookies on the planet, trust me. Good thing they deliver. I even have some in my freezer for emergencies.
2. City Bakery - delicious, thick, rich hot chocolate plus these innovative pretzel/croissant combination pastries. Yum!
3. Bistro Citron - crepe with shrimp and leeks. Need I say more?
0 comments:
Post a Comment