I took Sabrina to the doctor today because I suspected she had a urinary tract infection, probably from when she fell into the toilet at school on Monday while trying to go potty (I heard second-hand).
So I let the powers-that-be know that I will be coming in late, and take her in to the pediatrician's office. Her regular physician was at another location so we saw one of her partners, "Dr. G". Dr. G is a male, and although he is very nice, Sabrina was a little leery. And when it came time for him to inspect "down there", he told her what he wanted to do. Her response? "No, that's my private area!" That's my girl! I was pleasantly shocked that she thought to say something like that. Dr. G said "Yes, it is, and only a doctor can do this and only with Mommy sitting right here, see?" That was a great response, too.
Anyway, she is now on antibiotics. Just as before, it's so hard to tell that she's not feeling well or in pain. She's always her usual cheery self, so I have to really pick up on little clues.
Another UTI
Posted by
Joanna
at
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
0 comments:
Post a Comment