I decided it's time to declare a victory on potty training.
It "only" took 8 months but since we opted for the slow and steady training method versus those 'potty training in 1 day' methods, we're pleased. As soon as she turned 2, her first day care started potty training her. Slowly we transitioned to pull-ups, asked her if she needed to go potty every 1-2 hours (and insisted she try, even when she said "I'm fine"), and then took a leap of faith about 3 weeks ago and went with panties during waking hours. It didn't take long for Sabrina to know that she shouldn't "go pee-pee on the froggie/monkey/elephant" or whatever adorned her little panties.
Ever since that point, she never had an accident while awake (there were one or two nap time incidents). I'm not sure she's ready for night-time potty training just yet because 9 times out of 10, she wakes up with a wet diaper. So, we'll wait for that and, in the meantime, enjoy the savings from not having to buy pull-ups!
0 comments:
Post a Comment