This child never ceases to amaze me with her whit!
One night recently we were walking up the stairs and I had a 1 liter bottle of water in my hand (I keep one on my night stand for those middle-of-the-night thirsts). We got to the top of the stairs and she decided to lay down on her tummy, on the carpet. I decided I'd roll the bottle of water up and down her back to simulate a massage and see how she'd react. She laughed, looked at me and said "Mommy, I'm a cookie!". At first I didn't get it, but then it dawned on me... she was thinking back to us making Christmas cut-out cookies for Santa when we rolled out the dough with a rolling pin. We had a good laugh about that one, as I continued to roll out her back :)
Last week I had a work-from-home day and had my laptop up and running at the kitchen table, where I set up to take care of business on such days. As Sabrina was eating her mini-breakfast before school (since she gets a regular breakfast there at 7am), I decided to show her some old photos that I have saved on my work laptop. We scrolled through a few, as I asked her who was in that photo, etc. We came across her Baptism photos and upon seeing herself in that pretty baptismal gown, she says "Mommy, that's the day I got married."!
0 comments:
Post a Comment