Just the 3 Of Us

Get a glimpse into our world as we go from 2 to 3 family members!

Ear tubes are in

After following all of the instructions (no formula for 6 hours prior to surgery, no clear liquids for 3 hours prior to surgery, etc), Sabrina's surgery went really well this morning.

I thought Sabrina would be upset given that she wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything. So I decided the night prior that I would wake her at 1:15 am and give her a bottle so it would be 6 hours since her last meal instead 12! 12 hours would have been asking a bit much of an infant.

So all 3 of us showed up at the surgical center at 6:30 am this morning. For us, it meant getting up at the usual weekday time! The surgery was at 7:30 am sharp. I got to go back to the OR with Sabrina and I held her hand while they administered the gas that would put her under (general anesthesia). I was then ushered out of the room, taken to a private waiting area where Gene was already setting up his laptop. There I was able to display a bit of emotion ( I successfully resisted the urge to do so in front of Sabrina), as my anxiety level was at its peak. Not even 10 minutes later the ENT surgeon came out and told us everything went really well. Part of the plan was to also have her put a camera down Sabrina's throat to check for any residual effects from her acid reflux. There was some enlargement of something down there (I forget the name of it) and she said it's wasn't cause for major concern. I plan on requesting a copy of the report so I can include it in Sabrina's medical records.

We were then taken back to the recovery area where Sabrina was already waking up and crying. They told us that was normal (the young patients are disoriented, groggy, hungry, etc). It took Gene's special techniques of rocking while walking around to get her to calm down enough to take a bottle, which we chugged down. We got her discharge instructions, along with a prescription for antibiotic ear-drops to use for the next 7 days.

We went to Wegmans, which we now use for our non-military pharmaceuticals, and got the last bottle they had in stock. Phiew! While we were there waiting for it to be filled, we did a little grocery shopping while Sabrina mostly slept in the stroller.

This afternoon Sabrina and I took at 2 and a half hour long nap. Niiiiice! She's eaten a fair amount so I think we're pretty much back to normal. The only clue that something happened is the dried blood in her ear canals which I'm too scared to mess with (plus they advised us not to get any water in her ear).

0 comments:

9 years old

9 years old

About this blog

I'm a proud wife and mother to my daughter Sabrina. This blog is not only a way to share updates with family and friends but also serves as an electronic "baby book" where I can log Sabrina's latest accomplishments. Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave me a comment.

7 years old

7 years old

5 years old

5 years old

Almost 4

Almost 4

3 years,5 months

3 years,5 months

3 Years, 2 Months

3 Years, 2 Months

25 months

25 months

22 months

22 months

20 months

20 months

16 months

16 months

12 months

12 months

10 months old

10 months old

8 months old

8 months old

First Christmas

First Christmas

15 weeks old

15 weeks old

14 weeks old

14 weeks old

13 weeks old

13 weeks old

10 weeks old

10 weeks old

Bath time!

Bath time!

8 weeks old

8 weeks old

6 weeks old

6 weeks old

The family

The family

8-days old

8-days old

3-days old

3-days old

At birth

At birth

Ultrasound at 12 weeks

Ultrasound at 12 weeks

Sabrina's Milestones

  • 9-4-12 (4 years, 1 month): 38 lbs, 41.25 tall
  • 1-17-11 (2.5 years): 30 lbs, 36 inches long
  • 7-23-10 (2 years): 27 lbs, 5 oz, 35 inches long
  • 1-29-10 (18 months): 26 lbs, 4 oz, 33 inches long
  • 10-23-09 (15 months): 25 lbs even, 32.25 inches long
  • 7-24-09 (12 months): 23 lbs, 2 oz, 30 inches long
  • 4-24-09 (9 months): 21 lbs even, 29.25 inches long
  • 2-20-09 (7 months): 18 lbs, 8 oz
  • 2-5-09 (6.5 months): 18 lbs even
  • 1-23-09 (6 months): 17 lbs, 1 oz, 26.75 inches long
  • 1-6-09: (5.5 months): 17 lbs even
  • 12-23-08 (5 months): 16 lbs, 5 oz, 26.5 inches long
  • 11-21-08 (4 months): 15 lbs even, 26 inches long
  • 10-27-08 (13 weeks): 14 lbs even, 25 inches long
  • 10-16-08 (12 weeks): 13 lbs, 7 oz, 25 inches long
  • 10-1-08 (10 weeks): 12 lbs, 12 oz, 24 inches long
  • 9-23-08 (9 weeks): 12 lbs, 5 oz
  • 9-3-08 (6 weeks): 11 lbs, 3 oz
  • 8-27-08 (5 weeks): 10 lbs, 12 oz
  • 8-15-08 (3 weeks): 10 lbs, 6.5 oz
  • 8-6-08 (2 weeks): 9 lbs, 12 oz
  • 7-27-08 (4 days): 8 lbs, 11.6 oz
  • 7-23-08 (o days): 9 lbs,8.9 oz, 22.5 inches long