After only 4 swimming lessons, it seems our little Sabrina is a natural. Yesterday I had her on her tummy, supporting her underneath by having one hand under her ribcage, her at my side, with my other arm wrapped around her waist. The exercise was to have all the babies and toddlers learn to kick and use their arms as if they were swimming. She was kicking like crazy and even using her arms to doggie-paddle. It was amazing! Even the teacher exclaimed "Wow - look at Sabrina everyone. This is how it should look" You go girl! Even some of the toddlers weren't able to do that. :)
She's very comfortable in the water, too. In fact she was able to start pulling herself up from the pool onto the edge. She held onto the edge initially with arms straight and started pulling herself up by trying to walk up the side and pulling herself up. I had one hand "spotting" her the whole time, but she amazes me with her strength. I think we have an athlete on our hands here...
A natural swimmer!
Posted by
Joanna
at
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
0 comments:
Post a Comment