Sabrina and I hit the mall today. First we went to the Children's Place (outlet location) where I've traditionally found some terrific deals. Today's find were OK -- a couple of capri-length cotton pants for $.99 each, jeans for $9 and a sweater for $13, plus a few long-sleeve tops for $8.
By then we were hungry for some lunch so we drove just down the road to Ikea for some Swedish meatballs. Yummy! She loves them as much as I do. Our primary reason for going there, though, was our need for chairs for our informal dining room. The ones we have are over a decade old and, well, um, have seen better days. Let's just say they are falling apart and the final realization that they need to be replaced happened the other day. I was feeding Sabrina, she in her high chair, me on one of the aforementioned chairs. I hear a small 'crack' sound and the next thing I know, I am on the floor. Ooooops. Sabrina started crying -- the same type of cry when she really hurts herself (prolonged inhaling, about 10 seconds before any exhaling takes place). I kept telling her "Mama's OK, Sweetheart!" I guess it scared her.
So, there we were looking for chairs. I found some that matched the kitchen table and bought 4. Plus there was some stuff I couldn't resist for Sabrina, like this 3 foot long stuffed friendly looking alligator :)
Retail therapy for Labor Day weekend
Posted by
Joanna
at
Sunday, September 6, 2009
0 comments:
Post a Comment