Warning: some folks may consider this TMI!
Two weekends ago we bought 3 potties, placed one on each level of our house, and thought it would be useful to get Sabrina used to seeing them, and we can point out what they are, etc. Well, last Sunday as I was checking Sabrina's bath to make sure the water temperature was OK, she started peeing while standing next to the tub. Thinking fast, I had her sit on the potty which was one foot away. So she finished peeing in the potty and I did the happy dance, telling her what a good job she did, etc.
Flash forward to yesterday. Sabrina had just finished eating dinner and said "Mommy - poopies". She had not yet started, so I took her to the bathroom, took off her pants, unsnapped her onesie, took off her diaper and suggested she sit on the potty. She kept wanting to stand up, but I gently asked her to sit down. She pushed for a while but no results. I told her she was doing a good job, but after 3 minutes I decided to get her dressed so we could head up for bedtime prep.
We get upstairs, and I began undressing her and noticed that she's starting to push again. So off to the bathroom we go, and I have her sit on THAT potty. Within 20 seconds, success! She stood up, turned around and had a very confused look on her face (one that seemed to say "Where did THIS come from??"). I realized just then that she's never seen the product she creates... it just gets whisked away in the diaper while she's looking at the ceiling. I told her she did a great job! She looked at the stuff in her potty, pointed to it and said "Rainets" (translation: "raisins"). I chuckled and explained that this was "Poopie" and then I tipped it into the toilet and ceremoniously said "Ok, bye bye poopies!!" as I flushed it all away. Sabrina said "Bye poopies!" and waved. :)
Poopie in the potty - Horray!
Posted by
Joanna
at
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
0 comments:
Post a Comment