The 3 of us spent the weekend in New York City. It was a chance to get away and also spend a day with my mom.
We took a half-day off on Friday and drove up I-95. We made great time... until we got into downtown and the GPS had us going through a part of Broadway that is now blocked off. Ugh. So we spent about 80 minutes just trying to get to the hotel itself. We stayed at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square, which was really nice. As soon as we checked in, I had Sabrina admire the view from above. Almost immediately she exclaimed "Mickey!!". I look out the window, wondering what she is looking at. And there it is, a Mickey Mouse billboard. She was thrilled and kept running to the window throughout our stay to say hi/good morning/night-night to him.
On Saturday morning after a breakfast in the hotel (yummm, Crunchy French Toast), we take a cab to the Upper West Side so I can procure some of my favorite cookies in the world. I do consider myself a cookie aficionado, you know! LeVain Bakery is second to none when it comes to cookies. These things are immense, luscious, not-too-sweet and soft on the inside. If you're in the city, don't pass up a chance to go there.
I digress... we strolled down to the American Natural History Museum, where a really cool butterfly exhibit awaits us. My mom met us there after driving in from Long Island.
Sabrina had a ball with the pigeons. She would say "Come here, birdie!", chase them around, and giggled when they'd fly away. I think this was the highlight of her day.
Inside the exhibit, we had butterflies of all kinds flying all around us. Sabrina loved it!
0 comments:
Post a Comment