Sabrina has done extremely well with her transition to Montessori school. A few tidbits:
- When Ms. Mia and Ms. Leanne leave for the day around 4:00, Sabrina starts crying because she doesn't want them to leave. I was told about this on Tuesday, and then I saw it for myself on Friday when I arrived and saw Ms. Mia in the hallway saying she was emotional just like Sabrina; she was feeling for her. When I went into the classroom, I saw Sabrina crying. I asked her if she was sad, and she said yes.
- According to Ms. Leanne, Sabrina is doing super with potty training and she is "such a sweet girl"
- One day I picked up Sabrina and she was patiently completing an alphabet puzzle (inserting wooden letter shapes onto the wooden board), with Ms. Mia's encouragement. They had gotten about halfway through the letter and I decided to let them finish. Once the J was placed and there were no more letters, Ms. Mia told her was a good job she had done and Sabrina smiled, stood up, gently lifted the puzzle board, walked it over to a bookshelf and set it down. I did a double take! She did it without being asked to "clean up"!
- It's subtle, but after a week I've noticed that Sabrina has a little more sense of calm about her. I can't quite put my finger on it.
Tomorrow we have "Back to School Night" in the new building, which we will be seeing the inside of, for the first time.
0 comments:
Post a Comment