It's official - I'm returning to work part-time the week of October 27th and full-time beginning November 3rd.
In preparation for that, I took Sabrina to the day care center to complete the paperwork and take a look around again. While we were there Sabrina was due for a feeding so the receptionist took me back to the "Infants Room" where she will be spending her time. I got to know a couple of the care providers and they answered a lot of my questions around what I need to bring, etc. Sabrina's crib is in a prime location - right by the window! :)
In the next couple of weeks, I can drop her off for a few hours at a time for us to transition (OK, mostly for MY transition). As my dear friend Cyndi put it "she's your first baby, but not their first!". I need to just trust that she will be OK. I think the plan I have set up will help: dropping her off for a few hours before I return, then dropping her off for that first PT work week and finally dropping her off as my regular work schedule returns on November 3rd. Gene will be picking her up in the afternoons since he leaves work earlier than I do.
All I need to do at this point to finalize the paperwork is have the pediatrician fill out the immunization and medical forms, which I dropped off this afternoon. For a low fee of $10, the doc will fill them out and sign them. Is nothing free anymore??? :)
Day Care Intro and Prep
Posted by
Joanna
at
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
0 comments:
Post a Comment