Sabrina has transitioned form a bassinet in our room to her nursery. I use the term transitioned loosely, because all we did was put her in her nursery one night and it's like it was no biggie to her (like all she needs is a bed and her white noise machine and she's good to go!). She was oblivious to the change, which is good because we didn't want to wait too long.
We bought a video monitor and installed it just above her crib. The cool thing is that you can plug the portable part into any TV. So each night I plug it into the TV in our room and leave it on so at any point I can just look up and check on her on the big screen. Right now my main concern is she is really close to being able to roll over onto her stomach and my fear is that she won't know to lay her head down sideways to breathe. All the SIDS guidelines say to be sure to put your baby to sleep on her back, and I always do, but she seems really eager to roll over (she often ends up sleeping on her side now so I know it's only a matter of time).
Also we've weaned her off the "miracle blanket" because it bounds her arms and I wanted to make sure when she does roll over she'll be able to push herself up. Plus she was getting too long for it!
Moving into the nursery
Posted by
Joanna
at
Monday, October 20, 2008
0 comments:
Post a Comment