Sabrina appears to have come down with her first cold. The first sign was the excessive sneezing and then we noticed the stuffy nose. Time for us to whip out the bulb syringe again. I really hate using that thing but until she can learn to blow her nose, we're stuck with it. Sabrina doesn't really care for it either (read: hates that damn thing!). It really gets her riled up when we use it because Gene has to hold her head steady (or else she'll move it away real quick) while I * attempt* to get it in each nostril long enough for it to do its thing. It's funny, but I feel a great sense of accomplishment when I actually get product suctioned out, like "I got you sucka!". That only seems to happen about 10% of the time.
I asked the daycare center what they do for stuffy noses and they explained that they aren't permitted to insert anything up the nose and all they can do is use saline drops (if provided) and then wipe the nose clean. Part of me understands that, but the mommy part of me wonders why that is all they can do if the baby can't breathe through his/her nose. Oh well.
All in all, though, she is in good spirits and even displayed a lot of patience as we ventured out to a chain photography place for the official holiday photos this past Sunday. It was a zoo and we waited and waited for our turn, then waited some more for the review phase and lastly another wait for the photos to print and the CD to be created. Not only is our little one photogenic, she really seems to enjoy her photo shoots... "I'm ready for my close-up, Mr DeMille!"
First cold
Posted by
Joanna
at
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
0 comments:
Post a Comment