For two nights in a row, our little Sabrina has slept through the night (8 hours). Hallelujah! We've been putting her down at 8pm, and getting her up at 4am, the same time we get up for work. Not sure what will happen on weekend days, though. If anyone knows how to teach a baby that sleeping schedules differ on Saturdays and Sundays, please let me know :)
I still wake up a few times each night and check the monitor to see how Sabrina is sleeping. Anytime after 2/3am, I'm likely to find her on her tummy (for some reason, prior to that she tends to stay in the same position I put her in -- maybe she's sleeping more deeply at that stage). Everything I've read about SIDS says that putting the baby down to sleep on her back reduces the risks, but what can you do when the kid has a mind of her own! I recently did some research on-line on what to do once baby can roll-over:
- "What happens when my baby begins to roll over? Eventually your baby will want to determine his or her own sleep position and may begin rolling to their tummy during sleep. Experts say this is normal, and parents should not disrupt everyone’s much needed rest by continually flipping them back. If your baby is determined to sleep on his or her tummy, take extra care to ensure that there is nothing in the sleep area they can get their face next to and try and relax, knowing that you’ve done everything you can to protect them!"
She is reaching all of these physical milestones much earlier than the norm. In fact, at her last check-up, the doctor said she's in the 95th percentile for length and 90th percentile for weight for her age.
0 comments:
Post a Comment