I can hardly believe my little Sabrina is already 6 months old! How quickly these months have gone by but I have really tried to savor each moment of motherhood.
I took Sabrina to the pediatrician for her 6-month check-up last Friday. Other than her ear infection not clearing up, she is doing really well. The doctor prescribed a stronger version of amoxcillin in the hopes that it would work. Sabrina was less than a week into her first round of antibiotics at that point but things weren't progressing as we would have liked.
Her stats were:
- 17 lbs, 1 oz (75th percentile for weight)
- 26 3/4 inches (85th percentile for length)
- 43 1/2 cm (80th percentile for head circumference)
Her weight was about 3 ounces down from last week when they weighed her during her sick visit for the ear infection. She hasn't been eating as much because of the ear infection but slowly we're getting back up to her usual 9-ounce bottles 6 times a day.
The doctor said we're all clear to begin real foods for Sabrina (in addition to the rice cereal). So I was really excited to see her reaction to my first selection for her: organic sweet peas. She absolutely loved it! She ate the whole (little) container in one sitting. We'll stick with that for at least a week before introducing something new. I'm still trying to figure out when to give her a bottle versus food but I'm following her cues until we find something that works. The doctor explained that over time Sabrina will start to favor the foods and want/need the formula less and less.
During the visit, the doctor also recommended we give Sabrina 1 dose of flu vaccine since the peak is yet to come in flu cases for the season. It's not on my alternate vaccine schedule that I am diligently following, but it made sense. So Sabrina got the flu shot, DTaP shot and her last dose of Rotavirus vaccine, which is oral. They started with the rotavirus syrup and Sabrina started crying big time. I'm thinking "Girl - this is the easy part!" Honestly, I think she just didn't like the manly-looking nurse LOL! Then came the two injections in her left thigh. Since she was already crying, I couldn't tell any different reaction once those needles pierced her skin. But after a minute or so of hugging her, telling her "It's OK, Sweetie Pie" she was just fine and took a nice long nap while I ran a few errands after the appointment.
0 comments:
Post a Comment