Sabrina's been learning sign language at day care for the last several weeks. I only found out about it recently, however. It's funny but about 2-3 weeks ago Sabrina gave the sign for "more", which is the only sign I happened to know because my friend Sandra illustrated it as an example way back when Sabrina was a newborn. I figured it was just a fluke and wrote it off! Silly me.
She can sign for: "more", "yes", "milk", "cookie", and an unofficial sign for "thirsty" (pointing to her tongue).
Her vocabulary is growing rapidly also. Right now she can say (and understands the meaning of): mama, dada, up, book, hi, bye, turtle, this, uh-oh (whenever she drops something).
Sabrina understands more than she can speak, however. For example, we can ask her to "Get the ball", "Kick the ball" and she will do it. When asked "Where's your milk?" she will point to her sippy cup. And if someone says "Oh, what a nice dress you're wearing", she will look down and grab her dress. And when I say "OK, let's go", she gets all excited and stands up if she's not already.
There are also some words we don't yet know the meaning of, such as "Adda!" (which is usually said with much enthusiasm).
It's amazing to see her learning more each day. Oh, and at day care she can stand on her tip-toes, reach for the door knob and open the door :)
The lines of communication are open
Posted by
Joanna
at
Saturday, August 29, 2009
0 comments:
Post a Comment