My doctor's appointment went really well this morning and I am really excited about all the data now have about Sabrina.
First, my stats (i.e., the boring, routine stuff):
- Blood pressure: 126/79
- Pulse: 96
- Weight: yeah right!
My belly measured 40 cm, to which the doctor said, and I quote "definitely on the large side". The doctor checked for Sabrina's heart rate and it's in the 150's.
Now for the good stuff! The doctor performed an internal exam and here are the findings:
- 1 cm dilated
- 80% effaced (!)**
- At -3 station
After doing an ultrasound, Sabrina's weight is estimated to be 7.5 pounds (average for this gestational age is 6 1/3 lbs) and she is surrounded by "plenty of amniotic fluid". I was cracking up during the ultrasound because each time the transponder thingy would go somewhere on my belly, I could feel Sabrina move away from it. She just did not want that thing pushing down on her.
Also, my Group B Strep test came back positive, which just means I'll need to be on an antibiotics IV when I'm in labor. No biggie.
I asked if we could review the birth plan that Gene and I put together. Almost all of the items on the list are do-able, with the exception of filming while the baby is coming out (liability reasons, I'm sure), and my preference for being able to walk around during labor will not be possible if I'm on pitocin because they will have a continuous monitor on Sabrina so I'll be hooked up to a machine (also not possible once/if I get an epidural). OK, I can live with that.
** Effacement refers to the thinning or shortening of the cervix (the goal is 100% effacement)

0 comments:
Post a Comment