Sabrina has graced us with her presence for 5 days now and slowly we are adjusting to being parents as well as learning her little cues (the cry for "feed me" really is different than "burp me"). She does sleep quite nicely after being fed and whenever we are in the car out running errands or going to and from the pediatrician's office.
For the last few nights between 10 pm and 1 am, when Gene and I are definitely ready for some real sleep, Sabrina cries inconsolably (she's been fed, changed, burped, etc.) and we're left wondering what we can do to soothe her. Usually we just end up taking turns walking around the top floor of our house with her until she calms down enough to put her down. After that phase, we're usually in for a good 4 hours of sleep before waking her to feed again (4 hours of sleep never sounded so good!).
Gene is an awesome Daddy who never hesitates to pitch in with whatever is needed. Sabrina loves it when he talks to her as he holds, feeds and burps her. Seeing them together just melts my heart.
I'm continually mesmerized by her. I really love just sitting with her, gazing into her eyes, as she looks back at me as if to study all my facial features. I love the way she purses her lips after I wipe the milk away after feeding. And most of all, I love that when she is crying and I pick her up, she knows its Mommy and she is instantly soothed. Motherhood is all I dreamed of and more. We both feel so blessed now that our family is complete.
Sleep? What's that?
Posted by
Joanna
at
Monday, July 28, 2008
Labels: Sleep deprivation
0 comments:
Post a Comment