So this morning I took over a stool sample to the pediatrician's office so they could analyze it for the presence of blood. Turns out there is none (woo hoo!) and she is not allergic to her current formula. OK then. We're still on for the GI series test tomorrow and hopefully that will show that there's nothing physiologically wrong.
Last night was interesting. I used the "Miracle Blanket" that my friend Jen sent me and for the first half of the night, I barely heard a peep from Sabrina. From looking at their website, I learned that including the arms in the swaddling is critical to get the maximum effect. Sabrina normally doesn't like to have her arms bound, but after 5 minutes she was just fine and stopped protesting. She was bundled nice and snug but I suppose after a few hours, her tummy pain was bad enough that enough a good swaddle couldn't help. But I was really thankful for those few hours of sleep :) We'll try it again tonight and see what happens.
After our quick trip to the doctor's office, Sabrina and I went to the post office and Target to pick up a few things. I'm getting used to logistics required when shopping with a newborn. Things I never had to think about before now give me pause as I try to figure out if I should use the stroller vs. carry her in the carrier vs. carry her in the sling; do I unload the cart-full of groceries first or put Sabrina in the car first, etc. Oh and don't even ask me about how to open a door and get a stroller through it -- it's not graceful, but I get it done somehow. Obviously I need to pay more attention to how other moms handle these things!
One stool sample later...
Posted by
Joanna
at
Monday, August 18, 2008
0 comments:
Post a Comment